Spreading Threads Clothing Bank
Helping Foster Dignity in Southern Arizona’s Foster Children
Welcome to Spreading Threads Clothing Bank
Spreading Threads is a grassroots, nonprofit community clothing bank based in Tucson, Arizona, that provides free clothing to youth in foster care in Pima County and Southern Arizona. Since 2018, Spreading Threads Clothing Bank has offered child-focused clothing services for foster children, foster families, kinship caregivers, and adoptive families. Our mission is to provide a welcoming, comforting, and relaxed setting for Southern Arizona’s foster children and families to find the clothing they need to restore their dignity and self-esteem free of charge.
Foster children and their caregivers can visit Spreading Threads Clothing Bank to “shop” for new clothes for school, church, special events, and daily use. Spreading Threads Clothing Bank also provides clothing for emergency pulls for foster children who are removed from their homes with nothing but the clothes on their backs at any time, day or night. Foster children and foster families are never charged for the clothing and can simply take what they need as they need it.
Are you a Foster, Kinship or Adoptive Family in need of clothes?
Attend one of our monthly Spreading Threads Clothing Events, foster children and their families are able to “shop” for the clothing they need. From slacks and jeans to tops, dresses, PJs, and shoes Spreading Threads has the threads foster children need. We even offer socks, underwear, and shoes. Additionally, foster children, foster families, and kinship families can find books, toys, school supplies, and more at Spreading Threads.
* For all Scheduled Events and Emergency Clothing we will need the following documentation:
- Foster / Kinship families: NTP – Notice to Provider
- Adoptive Families: Order of Adoption, given by the court
- AYAP & TILP Teens: Letter of authorization from a caseworker
- Guardianship: Guardianship paperwork, given by the court
- Group Homes / Congregate Care: Notice To Provider for each child as well as the name of Organization and House Name
- Tribal Families: Tribal letter, provided by the tribe
How You Can Help
You can make donations of clean, gently-used clothing or new clothing for children from infants to teens age 18. We are especially in need of clothing for school age children. You may drop off your donations in the blue bin any time. Spreading Threads Clothing Bank is in need of the following for boys and girls of all ages:
- Jeans, Trousers, Slacks, Dress Pants, Etc.
- Shirts, Polos, Button Ups, T-shirts, Etc.
- Underwear, Socks, Bras, Etc. (These must be new)
- Tennis Shoes, Dress Shoes, Sandals, Flip Flops, Etc.
- Jackets, Coats, Sweaters, Etc.
- Summer Wear Such as Shorts, Tank Tops, Swimsuits, Etc.
- Diapers, Wipes, Burp Clothes, Etc.
- Personal Hygiene Products Such as Deodorant, Shampoo and Conditioner, Shave Products, Etc. (These must be new)
- Backpacks, School Supplies, Books, Toys, Etc.
Corporate & Community Partners
In addition to clothing donations, Spreading Threads Clothing Bank graciously accepts monetary donations as well to help cover the needs of our foster children, kinship families, and adoptive families. You can feel good knowing that your donations go directly to local children in Tucson and Southern Arizona who are in need and that you can make a difference in the life of a child.
Spreading Threads is an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as well as a Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organization (QFCO). This means you can increase your charitable tax donation for a dollar-for-dollar reduction of your Arizona State Tax liability. Individuals may donate up to $500 each year while married couples filing jointly may donate up to $1,000.
Read Our Blog and Spreading Threads in the News
Spreading Threads Clothing Bank Gets Facelift with City of Tucson VIP Grant
(Tucson, Arizona- April 12, 2023) Spreading Threads Clothing Bank is proud to announce it is one of several small businesses and nonprofit organizations located within the “Thrive in the ’05” area that has been selected for the City of Tucson’s Visual Improvement Program (VIP) through the City of Read More...
Spreading Threads Clothing Bank Encourages Donations to Do More During Arizona Gives Day
Spreading Threads Clothing Bank, a nonprofit organization that provides free clothing to children living in foster care in Tucson and Southern Arizona, is just one of more than 1,000 charities encouraging Arizona residents to make a tax-deductible donation during Arizona Gives Day tomorrow, April 4, 2023. The Arizona Gives Read More...